Arizona Diamondbacks Unveil the Churro Dog Dessert Bomb
- Updated: March 5, 2015
Behold, the “Churro dog.” The Arizona Diamondbacks have continued the recent trend of professional sports teams conceptualizing PR-driving, nausea-inducing, mind-bending concession creations to offer in their arenas, ballparks and stadiums around the nation. Last season, the Dbacks attempted to boost their own game-day excess credentials with an 18-inch bacon-and-cheese stuffed corn dog. Go ahead. We’ll give you a few seconds to just digest that in your own mind (forget about the notion of consuming it in one’s stomach).
This season they’ve turned it up a notch — and tackled dessert. Their answer in 2015? The Churro Dog. The appearance says hot dog, but there is nothing necessarily savory nor meaty about this creation.
It is a dessert, within a dessert, topped with plenty more…yes, dessert. Specifically, the confectionery concoction is made up of the following elements:
- Long John chocolate-glazed doughnut sliced lengthwise
- Nestled inside that doughnut bun is a warm cinnamon-sugar churro (no confirmation as yet on whether it measures up to the 18-inch bacon-cheese corn dog)
- The churro is then topped with frozen yogurt (what appears to be three scoops…to keep it light)
- Drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauces
- And, finally, don’t forget the whipped cream
The calorie count for the Churro dog is an efficient 1,170 calories making it the perfect light sweet snack on a warm Arizona day.
Ready or not Chase Field, the Churro dog is stepping to the plate. Batter up. You swinging or taking the intentional walk?